Monday, August 10, 2009

X-Über-Ants

I don't sprekenzie Deutch, so I really shouldn't use the word über, and my sons Ben and Jesse will hassle me for it. But they will agree that their sister, Faith, makes art that is full of exuberance. This is the illustration she did for the invite to her twin daughters birthday party.

The girls colored in her line drawing. Isn't it fancy? The party was fit for a fairy queen. Of all the presents, they liked the big cardboard box the best. Those fairies are funny that way...

4 comments:

BJW said...

I think the word uber should be retired. Or given boots of concrete galoshes and tossed over the bridge. The easy way or the hard way uber, your choice.

Ruthie Redden said...

wonderful party invite, full of life. there is something exquisite to me in seeing our families gift of creativity passed down to my own children! i love the way wee ones do colouring in & artsy things - we can learn so much. As for cardboard boxes, mmm, a castle, a pirates ship, an alien rocket, a dog kennel?? each time i would asked my boy what his "box" was today, i loved that i always got a brand new answer, such imagination!

Ruthie Redden said...

hi richard, i dont know if its a problem at my end or yours, but i left 2 comments on your blog that havent appeared?!?

Richard Jesse Watson said...

BJW, good idea...So yo! Über! You takin'ta me? S'matta you? You been like a family an dis is how you show your loyalty? What kinda word anyway..

Ruthie, you are right. The problem was mine. I had disabled my comments somehow. Oh, man me and computers...they get weird when I push their buttons. Thanks for the heads up. I also love that kids have such flowing and spontaneous imaginations. Their art free and unfetteered.