Monday, March 30, 2009

Slipstream

Warm breezes between wake and sleep...I am juggling. I will go to sleep tonight tossing about images of Tyrannosaurs, golden retrievers, balancing and stacking beach rocks, chain saws, felling fir trees, taking a walk around Port Townsend. Angels. Taj commanding his plethora of dinosaurs, Finlay with the rabbits. Kerith and Kaylen doing their ballet moves.

"...On earth as it is in heaven...".

Diane Ackerman in her book, Deep Play describes the "gorgeous chaos". As I try to marshal my spring-fevered ideas, It is fuzzily clear that I am sliding into dream country and the fluid reality. The time of "elixir". I guess it is late, nooby lubble, nighty night...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Richard!

I know it's been a long time, and I totally dont expect you to remember me, but I came into your gallery in Port Townsend a while back and we chatted for a while. I did the Henrietta book.

Last time I was visiting PT, I was very sad to see that your gallery was gone! They told me you were busy with other things, so I hope that that means you are doing well being busy with your books. I just wanted to contact you to see how things are coming along with "The Boy Who Went Ape" and the book about faeries? I'm finishing up my painting and drawing BA at the UW and looking forward to getting some time with my own illustrations.

Anyway, just wanted to see what you were up to and how things were going. I'm collecting your books, so I'm really looking forward to the next ones!

Hope you are flourishing.

Sincerely,

Rachel Land